Friday, July 27, 2012

Right place, right time

Things have been moving rather quickly for the past 1 year or so. If I stop and think about it, it's really about being at the right place, at the right time.

Take for example, if I hadn't been working for close to 6 years and was feeling a little tired and worn out (not mentioning jaded - or at least some of my bosses feel so), I would not truly appreciate these days of taking things slower, smelling the flowers (literally and figuratively!), pouring over books (especially cookbooks) and experimenting in the kitchen. 

If I hadn't taken on my previous HR portfolio and "CCAs", I wouldn't have been able to help the NGO I'm currently volunteering with to beef up its HR systems. In fact, if I hadn't picked up a handmade candle from a shop here, I wouldn't have learned about this NGO; and this HR project would never have materialised! 

If I hadn't been with this team for a while and had earned enough trust and goodwill, I wouldn't have been able to work out the flexible working arrangement that I'm currently enjoying. 

I guess, all I'm trying to say is, things feel very right. For now. 
:) 

No comments: